ROV NZ is based in Nelson Bay on the South Island of New Zealand. ROV NZ was born from a need to provide a current, safe and cost-effective subsea engineering solution to customers and clients within the dynamic subsea industry. Our services use the latest and current ROV and subsea sensor technologies to give us the tools to provide a qualified and professional service to the marine and freshwater industries throughout New Zealand and internationally.
ROV NZ have the ability to provide current, strategic and qualified solutions to the dynamic subsea industries with a new ‘safe and cost-effective’ and ‘zero-harm safety’ solution to subsea projects. Our personnel have the experience, qualifications and professional expertise that we can apply to a wide range of subsea projects.
ROV NZ was created by Paul Hughson. Paul is internationally IMCA recognised as an ROV Superintendent with over 13 years professional experience in the oil & gas and energy industries.
Managing Director, ROV NZ Limited
- BSc Computing Science
- HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- IMCA ROV Superintendent
- MTCS – High Voltage
- Shilling T3/T4
- OPITO – Basic offshore induction and emergency training (BOSIET)
- Kongsberg – Dynamic Positioning (DP) Diploma
- Canopy – Advanced fibre optics
- IMCA – Day Skippers and Yachtmaster
- 15+ years engineering experience in operations and management
- 13+ years working globally in the Oil and Gas Industry